Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sept. 9, 2012: Sunday Update

We're celebrating THREE YEARS of cancer survival since Bill was diagnosed about this date in 2009. He has beaten every odd, all along the way. He has been given "months" to live for so many years that it's funny. And we (okay, my much-loved atheist friends can look away for a second) KNOW that prayer is part of it. (Okay, atheists, come back. And yes, I was reading excerpts from Atheist in Chief Christopher Hitchens' post-mortemly published book Mortality, about chemo and cancer and life and death, and yes, I saw what he said about prayer, and he was entitled to his opinion, but we're all about not disrespecting, 'round this here corral.)

Only news is that tomorrow morning VERY early, the cowboy has to go to Wake (Diamond Lil at the wheel) for a CT scan to see if the current chemo drugs are doing a Chuck Norris on his tumor.

I do not have ANY idea when we will have the results, tho if it were up to me, I'd sit down right there and wait two hours till the radiologist had that thing typed up. But Bill's a different breed; I got a $20 bill says he isn't going to let us wait. He'll say what difference does it make, anyway. And I'll go along with him, cause he's so cute with no hair. (He's got this super adorable baby fuzz coming in where he used to have hair. It's platinum white, and about 1/8th of an inch long, and looks awful cute when the sun hits it. My foxy boy be struttin.)

We will NOT see the Onco at Wake due to Madame Boone Onco Bronco having set the appointment up (a) late; and (b) completely weirdly. I'll skip that. But this causes us to not get the results till possibly Thursday, his next chemo time.

(If you ever go over there, you want Dr. Gray. He and everyone there is/are superb and beyond perfect and on top of his/their game/s. But I'm entitled to my opinion that there is one exception to this superb perfectness. Now, moving along...)

I also do not know what will happen with each possible outcome--I mean, if the tumor is or isn't responding, I don't know what the next move will be. Of course, if the appt had been set on time and correctly, we would have met with our Oncologist at Wake last week for all this, at which time he would have given us the results and discussed all the scenarios and choices, but noooooooooooooooo.

Maybe I'll get my way, and we'll get the radiology report tomorrow by waiting a couple of hours. Either way, YOU KNOW I will post as soon as we know anything, so if you don't hear from me till Thursday night, you will know: (a) I won my $20 bet; (b) I am unimpressed by a certain Madame So-and-so in Boone.

Goodnight, and thank you as always for praying, caring, reading, supporting, loving us! xoxo Beffie and Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.